Skip to main content

RIP Microwave

My parents bought the first digital microwave ever made back in 1980. It has fake wood sides, and takes up the entire depth of the counter. We tease about the microwave when we are home, wondering how they have replaced every other appliance in the house but the microwave has stayed the same. Well today I am eating my words. We recieved a microwave for a wedding present less than two years ago, and today it is officially broken. It started sparking when we used it a couple of days ago. Today it sparked and sparked and then started smoking.
We decided to put the microwave down today, and send it to where appliances go to die. RIP dear microwave, you burnt my popcorn consistantly anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stowaway

The beginning of January Daniel and I packed up Nathan, and our best friend Joanna and headed to Florida for two weeks. We stayed with Daniel's mom in Daytona Beach for a few days. Then, my parents met us so we could all go on a cruise together; 5 glorious days of fun and food. We had a great time. Lots of sun, sand, and being waited on. We loved it. And now, it turns out, we're going to have a permanent souvenir from our trip. We brought back a stowaway....in my womb. That's right, baby Goulet #2 is on the way. I'm due October 3. Exactly three weeks before Nathans 2nd birthday. All I can say is if baby #2 looks or acts like this guy, my heart's going to explode. Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Warning: Cute overload ahead.

Ode to our awesome friend, Jenna. Jenna is our incredibly funny, caring and all around wonderful neighbor. Not only can she sing, play guitar, have great hair and tie a scarf in 25 different ways, she also can take awesome pictures. Like the pictures that she took of me while I was 9 months pregnant, anyone that can make a hugely pregnant woman look comfortable deserves a medal. She took this belly picture of me: Jenna is also chronically Nathan's growth. She came over the other night to take some Christmas card/one month old pictures. Let's just say that Nathan is not the easiest subject to work with. You have to work around the fact that he doesn't focus, has little head control, and favors looking to the right. Despite these challenges Jenna just sent us these pictures. I can barely handle the cuteness, it makes me temporarily forget the 51 pound weight gain, weeks of puking, and hours of labor. This face makes me become delusional enough to think of how many...

The dog debate

On our drive to school today:  Nathan: can we get a dog? Me: no Nathan:  when I grow up and have my own house and my own kids in going to wait until everyone is asleep and get them a puppy and a kitty. And put them in a box under the Christmas tree.  Me: that sounds like a great plan  Elijah: *bursts into tears* I JUST REALLY WANT A PUPPY!