Skip to main content

2 Months Old!

Happy Two Month Birthday Nathan!

Here is all about Nathan this month....

Nathan no longer fits into his newborn clothes, and he is quickly growing out of the 0-3 months clothes this is mainly due to the fact that he is so long. Nathan has been getting rolls on his legs and arms (LOVE).

Things Nathan Loves
1. His Thumb. Nathan discovered his thumb this week, it has become his new favorite hobby to lay around and suck/chew on it. Daniel and I initially were fighting the idea of a thumb sucker, but we are realizing that nature is taking its course and he is doing this whether we like it or not. We are going to have to pray that this does not effect his teeth.
2. Smiling. Nathan is a big smiler, it seems like everyday he is smiling more and more.
3. Getting his diaper changed/bath time. These are still his favorite activities, what can I say he's a boy that likes to be clean.
4. Giraffe. We got the cutest litter giraffe blanket with a little stuffed animal head on it. Nathan sleeps with this. I use it to prop against his pacifier to help keep it in Nathan's mouth. It is just enough to keep the pacifier in while still light enough that he can pop his pacifier out if her wants to. The other day I went to wake Nathan up and he was petting the giraffe.



Things Nathan does not like
1. Not being held all the time. Nathan got alittle spoiled and was held by visitors and friends while he slept. We've had an interesting week trying to teach him to go to sleep in his bed, on his own again.
2. Hats. Nathan does not like hats. I imagine him saying to me "Mom, I look stupid." every time that I put a hat on him.
3. Mornings. What can I say, this kid is a Goulet. There have been several mornings this past week that I have had to wake Nathan up because it was close to 9am and I needed to nurse. Nathan then proceeded to stretch and whine and stay sleepy for another half hour or so. He is not into mornings, which is great because neither are his parents.

Things I can't live without.
There are several things that have surprised me that we use so much.
1. Babysitters that we trust and love, see more in a previous post.
2. The carseat cover. We got this great windproof insulated carseat cover. Nathan stays quite toasty in there and we haven't had to use a coat so far.
3. Baby books. We have been kind of following the book Babywise and I was rereading the book last week. During one of Nathan's bedtime "I can't be soothed" moments I literally said to Daniel, "Wait! Let me get the book." Other than this, I have read books on everything from breastfeeding to vaccinations. I like being over informed.

Sleep
Nathan usually only wakes me up one time during the night, this is usually around 3am. Then the next time is usually when he is up for the day. There have been a couple of very tense evenings when we have had to let Nathan "cry it out." While this killed me, it lasted all of 15 minutes and we checked on him every 5 minutes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stowaway

The beginning of January Daniel and I packed up Nathan, and our best friend Joanna and headed to Florida for two weeks. We stayed with Daniel's mom in Daytona Beach for a few days. Then, my parents met us so we could all go on a cruise together; 5 glorious days of fun and food. We had a great time. Lots of sun, sand, and being waited on. We loved it. And now, it turns out, we're going to have a permanent souvenir from our trip. We brought back a stowaway....in my womb. That's right, baby Goulet #2 is on the way. I'm due October 3. Exactly three weeks before Nathans 2nd birthday. All I can say is if baby #2 looks or acts like this guy, my heart's going to explode. Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Warning: Cute overload ahead.

Ode to our awesome friend, Jenna. Jenna is our incredibly funny, caring and all around wonderful neighbor. Not only can she sing, play guitar, have great hair and tie a scarf in 25 different ways, she also can take awesome pictures. Like the pictures that she took of me while I was 9 months pregnant, anyone that can make a hugely pregnant woman look comfortable deserves a medal. She took this belly picture of me: Jenna is also chronically Nathan's growth. She came over the other night to take some Christmas card/one month old pictures. Let's just say that Nathan is not the easiest subject to work with. You have to work around the fact that he doesn't focus, has little head control, and favors looking to the right. Despite these challenges Jenna just sent us these pictures. I can barely handle the cuteness, it makes me temporarily forget the 51 pound weight gain, weeks of puking, and hours of labor. This face makes me become delusional enough to think of how many

Sleep

Want to know who slept from 9pm until 7:30am this morning without getting up to nurse???? This guy, that's who. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone