Skip to main content

9 Months old!





Here is all about Nathan this month....


Things Nathan Loves (This includes most things.)

1. Big people food. If we are eating it, he wants it. If he can put it in his mouth himself, it's even better.


2. The Pool and baths. Still a big fan of the bath, he tried to take of his clothes and climb in when I start the water. He now crawls right into the baby wading pool when we get there. I am surprised how independent he is in the water, I just follow him around but he doesn't look for me or act like he needs me at all.


3. Dancing. This has become a daily event in our house. I posted a video below of him going crazy. Any music with a good beat is preferable, hooky kids tunes will not do!

4. His new car seat. We transfered out of the baby carrier last month to big carseats. He is still backward facing, but he is up high and can sleep more comfortably in them.

5. Playing hide and seek. He really likes when we hide from him. He loves to chase after Daniel and I and come find us.

6. Helping at the food pantry. Nathan and I started helping every other week at our food pantry. And by helping I mean, he either amuses everyone there or he hangs out in the front carrier and grabs at everything.




Things Nathan does not like

1. Naps. I don't know what happened. Wait, I do. He started teething, and them we vacationed for 2 weeks. Now he is back to crying before naps. He went down without crying today so I hope that he is back to his old self.

2. Getting dressed. Nathan loves getting undressed, but putting clothes on he HATES. I am trying some new tricks, making it a game and singing. But he cries when I dress him. So somedays I just let him stay in dirty clothes because I don't want to go through the hassle.

3. "The cage." We got this huge expandable babygate from my parents. It can be made into a circle or pulled out straight. We use this infront of our 2 sets of stairs. We sometimes use it as a circle and have Nathan contained. I like it because its big so he can still crawl around and play with his toys in it, but he is kept out of trouble. He HATES the cage. He thought it was funny the first couple of times we put him in it, but now he hates it. I put him in it the other day while we tried to move some furniture. Nathan had a HUGE meltdown.


Things I can't live without.

1. Nipple cream. TMI - yes. Now that Nathan has 5 teeth! Nursing has become extra exfoliating. He has not bit me yet, but nursing is becoming more and more uncomfortable. I am counting down the days until he is one.

2. The jogging stroller. I love our jogging stroller. Nathan is down to 2 naps a day so he is up longer in the morning. I have been taking him with me 3 days a week. He usually talks most of the time, and puts his feet up on the tray.

3. Cheerios. Nathan would eat Cheerios until he puked. So when we are out and he gets inpatient I just start giving him Cheerios and he is good for awhile.

4. The babysitter. We have a great babysitter named Gwynne. She watches Nathan two afternoons a week so I can work. She lives right by us, and loves Nathan. She only watches a few children at a time so its not too overwhelming for him. She even lets me use cloth diapers while he is there. It is so nice to be able to work uninterupted and know that he is having a great time with her and a few friends.

Comments

  1. amen, sistah! i'm counting down until 1 as well. will our kids ever know how we suffered through nursing for them?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stowaway

The beginning of January Daniel and I packed up Nathan, and our best friend Joanna and headed to Florida for two weeks. We stayed with Daniel's mom in Daytona Beach for a few days. Then, my parents met us so we could all go on a cruise together; 5 glorious days of fun and food. We had a great time. Lots of sun, sand, and being waited on. We loved it. And now, it turns out, we're going to have a permanent souvenir from our trip. We brought back a stowaway....in my womb. That's right, baby Goulet #2 is on the way. I'm due October 3. Exactly three weeks before Nathans 2nd birthday. All I can say is if baby #2 looks or acts like this guy, my heart's going to explode. Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Warning: Cute overload ahead.

Ode to our awesome friend, Jenna. Jenna is our incredibly funny, caring and all around wonderful neighbor. Not only can she sing, play guitar, have great hair and tie a scarf in 25 different ways, she also can take awesome pictures. Like the pictures that she took of me while I was 9 months pregnant, anyone that can make a hugely pregnant woman look comfortable deserves a medal. She took this belly picture of me: Jenna is also chronically Nathan's growth. She came over the other night to take some Christmas card/one month old pictures. Let's just say that Nathan is not the easiest subject to work with. You have to work around the fact that he doesn't focus, has little head control, and favors looking to the right. Despite these challenges Jenna just sent us these pictures. I can barely handle the cuteness, it makes me temporarily forget the 51 pound weight gain, weeks of puking, and hours of labor. This face makes me become delusional enough to think of how many

Labor Induction Technique that does work....

Almost from the day that I found out that I was pregnant, I thought that Jesus told me (weird, I know) that baby Goulet was going to come on October 21st. October 21st is also the anniversary of Daniel and I getting engaged. The year that we got engaged October 21st was sweetest day, so Daniel thought that it was a perfect day to get engaged. Even though I have thought that whole time that I would have a baby on the 21st, I am not a patient woman. And I especially do not like surprises, so the suspense of going in the labor was killing me (see previous posts). On the 20 th , in my quest to go into labor I drank Castor oil. Gross I know, but I mixed it with juice and it wasn't bad. I went for me daily walk, and felt nothing. Within a couple of hours, the Castor oil had kicked in. Castor oil in found at drug stores, and is typically used as a laxative. I can now say from personal experience, that it is a good laxative if you would like to completely clean your bowels out