Skip to main content

Weaning

I was waiting until after our vacation to wean Nathan from his bottle and pacifier. I had him down to two bottles a day until vacation and teething and sickness almost destroyed us all. We caved and started giving him anything he wanted to temporarily end the constant crying and whining.
Here's the thing, Nathan LOVES his pacifier. He would keep it in his mouth while he eats and only remove it between bites if I let him. He's like a chain smoker of the pacifier world. And I loved the pacifier. Every since the fateful day when he cried all the way to Chicago and we discovered that the magic silence bullet, the pacifier has been our secret weapon of silence. It worked most of the time no matter what he was upset about. The pacifier made it all better.
I started only letting him have the pacifier during naps and bedtime. And I learned that I have one determined little bugger on my hands. He cried for an hour and pointed to where we keep the pacifiers (above the fridge). I finally just took him out on some errands to get our minds off the fact that life was over. I am hoping we are over the worst of the transition and can be done soon.
Here he is with a cold and no pacifier.






The pacifier in it's final days.













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. We cut off the sucky part of Ethan's pacifier and let him find it. Binki is broken! It was still rough for a day or 2. I wish we would have weaned him from it at 18 months, because he was way more attached at 2 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stowaway

The beginning of January Daniel and I packed up Nathan, and our best friend Joanna and headed to Florida for two weeks. We stayed with Daniel's mom in Daytona Beach for a few days. Then, my parents met us so we could all go on a cruise together; 5 glorious days of fun and food. We had a great time. Lots of sun, sand, and being waited on. We loved it. And now, it turns out, we're going to have a permanent souvenir from our trip. We brought back a stowaway....in my womb. That's right, baby Goulet #2 is on the way. I'm due October 3. Exactly three weeks before Nathans 2nd birthday. All I can say is if baby #2 looks or acts like this guy, my heart's going to explode. Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Warning: Cute overload ahead.

Ode to our awesome friend, Jenna. Jenna is our incredibly funny, caring and all around wonderful neighbor. Not only can she sing, play guitar, have great hair and tie a scarf in 25 different ways, she also can take awesome pictures. Like the pictures that she took of me while I was 9 months pregnant, anyone that can make a hugely pregnant woman look comfortable deserves a medal. She took this belly picture of me: Jenna is also chronically Nathan's growth. She came over the other night to take some Christmas card/one month old pictures. Let's just say that Nathan is not the easiest subject to work with. You have to work around the fact that he doesn't focus, has little head control, and favors looking to the right. Despite these challenges Jenna just sent us these pictures. I can barely handle the cuteness, it makes me temporarily forget the 51 pound weight gain, weeks of puking, and hours of labor. This face makes me become delusional enough to think of how many

Labor Induction Technique that does work....

Almost from the day that I found out that I was pregnant, I thought that Jesus told me (weird, I know) that baby Goulet was going to come on October 21st. October 21st is also the anniversary of Daniel and I getting engaged. The year that we got engaged October 21st was sweetest day, so Daniel thought that it was a perfect day to get engaged. Even though I have thought that whole time that I would have a baby on the 21st, I am not a patient woman. And I especially do not like surprises, so the suspense of going in the labor was killing me (see previous posts). On the 20 th , in my quest to go into labor I drank Castor oil. Gross I know, but I mixed it with juice and it wasn't bad. I went for me daily walk, and felt nothing. Within a couple of hours, the Castor oil had kicked in. Castor oil in found at drug stores, and is typically used as a laxative. I can now say from personal experience, that it is a good laxative if you would like to completely clean your bowels out