Skip to main content

Rainforest Cafe

This week for family day we had a sudden "emergency" that had us packing up the kids and driving to Chicago. Daniel had to go get a piece of equipment for his work. We didn't want to spend the day apart, that would defeat the purpose of "family day." So we packed up the kiddos and off we went. The boys were ok in the car. This was the first road trip with Nathan not wearing diapers, and he did great. While we were in the big city, we thought we'd at least do one fun thing with the kids and took them to Rainforest Cafe.



Rainforest Cafe is your typical theme restaurant: lots to look at, and high prices for just ok food. But the boys liked walking around and looking at everything. Rainforest is also very kid friendly so they encourage you to walk around and look while you wait for your food.



During our meal the lights went dim and a fake thunderstorm happened sending all of the fake animals into a tizzy. This in turn sent my children crying for mommy. Other than that, we had a great time.



Now twenty four hours later, Nathan is still talking about the "cool restaurant." So I guess it was worth it.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The stowaway

The beginning of January Daniel and I packed up Nathan, and our best friend Joanna and headed to Florida for two weeks. We stayed with Daniel's mom in Daytona Beach for a few days. Then, my parents met us so we could all go on a cruise together; 5 glorious days of fun and food. We had a great time. Lots of sun, sand, and being waited on. We loved it. And now, it turns out, we're going to have a permanent souvenir from our trip. We brought back a stowaway....in my womb. That's right, baby Goulet #2 is on the way. I'm due October 3. Exactly three weeks before Nathans 2nd birthday. All I can say is if baby #2 looks or acts like this guy, my heart's going to explode. Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Warning: Cute overload ahead.

Ode to our awesome friend, Jenna. Jenna is our incredibly funny, caring and all around wonderful neighbor. Not only can she sing, play guitar, have great hair and tie a scarf in 25 different ways, she also can take awesome pictures. Like the pictures that she took of me while I was 9 months pregnant, anyone that can make a hugely pregnant woman look comfortable deserves a medal. She took this belly picture of me: Jenna is also chronically Nathan's growth. She came over the other night to take some Christmas card/one month old pictures. Let's just say that Nathan is not the easiest subject to work with. You have to work around the fact that he doesn't focus, has little head control, and favors looking to the right. Despite these challenges Jenna just sent us these pictures. I can barely handle the cuteness, it makes me temporarily forget the 51 pound weight gain, weeks of puking, and hours of labor. This face makes me become delusional enough to think of how many

The dog debate

On our drive to school today:  Nathan: can we get a dog? Me: no Nathan:  when I grow up and have my own house and my own kids in going to wait until everyone is asleep and get them a puppy and a kitty. And put them in a box under the Christmas tree.  Me: that sounds like a great plan  Elijah: *bursts into tears* I JUST REALLY WANT A PUPPY!